Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm Still Here. . .

Yep, I'm still here.  Although the clock says it's supposed to be daylight, we switched to Daylight Savings Time, and it's just now starting to get light.  And my body thinks I should still be hibernating - it's hard to wake up before 7:20.  I'll have to work on that.

I've been working on blocks for Saddle Up quilts.  I have the Steeler quilt cut, and the strips are pieced.  And I have started to put the rows together.  But it's not done.  I have a teddy bear on a John Deere pedal tractor that I started for Jake and pitched across the room because I didn't like the way the quilting looked.  I dug it out, and the quilting doesn't look that bad.  So, I have to finish the quilting and do the binding.  But it's not done.  I have the panels and the sashing fabrics for a Queen of the Ranch quilt.   But it's not done.  And I have 7 blocks for a western sampler quilt finished with only 5 more to go.  But it's not done.  Are you noticing a pattern here??  But since the Saddle Up isn't until May, I have plenty of time.

And speaking of the Saddle Up, meet my newest grand-horsey.  Daughter Pam's mare, Winter, gave birth to this little guy Sunday night at about 9:00.  Pam walked into the barn to check on her just after he arrived.  Mom hadn't broken the cord yet.  Pam stood quietly by, and before Mom had finished cleaning him off, he was on his feet and looking for the milk source.  Hard to believe he's a male, he had trouble finding it.  LOL.  She thinks they might name him Warrior, since he was such a strong little guy.  Right now he looks like he's all legs, but he will fill out quickly.  Both Mom and Dad are Appaloosas, so the dude should get his spots as he grows.

I'm off to sew.


2 comments:

Nani said...

I'm having some started but IT'S NOT DONE issues with my White Tornado project. I need my shelving units and won't be able to have them until May. Today, I'm going to finish the dining room and organizing the china cabinets. That doesn't need much done, but I need to see something completed, ya know?

The new grand-horse is so cute! The "can't find it" and not acting like a boy made me chuckle. But give him time! hehe

Have a wonderful and sewfull day!

JustCindy said...

I've just completely stopped my projects. I'm so pitiful. You always finish in time.