Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas eve eve

Wow, it's time to take a deep breath and get ready for the big day. I certainly haven't accomplished all that I wanted; but rather than regret, I'm going to be pleased with what I did get done. All six quilts for Christmas gifts are done. I finished sewing on the labels yesterday. (Mary will take pictures tonight, so look for them here soon) All the gifts are bought . . . however, none have been wrapped. Some of the cookies which the twins mixed up on Sunday are baked, but some are still in the frig waiting for the oven. (They may have to wait until after Christmas) The tree is up and decorated. The house inside and outside has been decorated. The menu for Christmas dinner has been planned, the roast ordered, but the other groceries still need to be purchased. Rod is on vacation tomorrow, but we have to go to work to get his paycheck, unless they give them out today. I enjoy just riding with him, and there's no real interruptions. Plus, it gets me out of the house and away from Mother for a while. She's becoming more annoying each day with her constant complaining, and has decided to go into a nursing home after the first of the year. I guess I'm seeing that with mixed emotions. I thought I had done so well, but now as I look at my list, there seems to be a negative for each positive, but I have made up my mind that this Christmas I'm not going to stress. So, I'm going out to the kitchen, getting my breakfast, and preparing for my little ones to arrive for the last day this week. Have a good one!!! and Merry Christmas!!

No comments: