Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas is over

And what a great day it was. The kids showed up at different times, which eliminated a lot of the confusion we usually have. Rod and I opened our gifts along for the third time since we were married. And I was delighted to open EQ6 from him. I'm not sure I'm smart enough to learn to use it, however. I got a new reed diffuser and a new journal from Mary's family; a beautiful heart shaped locket with a diamond in the center from Kris's family; a new cut and press and a beautiful pair of earrings with pearls from the twins. Yesterday, Mary family came for the day, and we planned a trip to Disney for next December. Rod and I will celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary in November, and are planning this trip as a celebration. We've never been there, and Mary and family will join us as Mary is an old pro at planning Disney trips. Hopefully, Kris and family and the twins will also be able to join us.

The quilts all got finished in time, and everyone seemed pleased with theirs.

This is Jimmy's Steeler quilt, a simple 9-patch.



Mary's Pirate quilt is Pat Sloan's Arrr Matey pattern


Pam's quilt is Pat Sloan's Nick of Time pattern done in western fabrics.



Pat's quilt is a cowboy boot done with leftovers from a BOM that I was in.



George's quilt is a pattern named Anvil, which I got from Quilter's Cache.



Kristin's quilt is a sampler quilt that I pieced by hand and then attempted to machine quilt. Not bad for my first attempt, eh?


So, now I'm off to the train store with Rod, then to the meat market and then home to tackle the mess I've left in the sewing room. Merry Belated Christmas.

No comments: