Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.  I'm getting ready to go out and put my corned beef and cabbage into the crock pot.  My mother-in-law was most definitely Irish and very proud of it. She always cooked corned beef and cabbage for St. Paddy's Day, and when she could no long stand to cook, I took over.  How do you celebrate St. Pat's Day?  Daughter Mary is making green cupcakes. http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-revisited/  Not quite sure how I feel about green cupcakes, but I've never really met a cupcake I didn't like.

I've been busy putting together my first quilt for the Saddle Up.  I like to try to use "Stash" when I can, and this was most definitely a "stash buster" quilt.    Even the border fabric was left over from the quilt on my bed.  I'm really pleased with the way it turned out.  I had a bugger of a time putting it together - nothing seemed to fit right.  Seems that the yellow block was supposed to be 8.5" x 9.5" with the longer edge being the length.  Guess who fused the horse on the wrong way.  Oh Yea, that would be me.  Once I figured out what was wrong, I added a piece onto the bottom and cut 1/2" off each side and voila . . . things fit together just right.

I was supposed to keep Izzy today, which means no sewing.  But daughter Kris just called and said Izzy is sick with a fever and vomiting.  She's the last of the grandkids to have it.  Krissy had it two weeks ago. That Friday, she had stopped vomiting, but was still not feeling up to snuff. She wanted to try out for Termite Cheerleader.  If you don't go to school, you can't participate in after school activities on that day.  So Krissy stuck it out through the day and made it for cheerleader that night.  We're all so proud of her.

Then last week Bubby had it for two days.  He missed two days of school, but had no seizures.  That's a first because for him seizures usually accompany high fevers.  And now Izzy is sick.  George is able to stay home with her until Kris gets home from work.  So guess who is gonna sew today.  Me.  Have a good day.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aw! Hope my Boo feels better soon!

Pat said...

The horse quilt is looking good...nobody will know how you had to adapt that yellow block.