Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wow, another Tuesday

Weeks are flying by so quickly, and it seems like spring just may be here.  Here in western Pennsylvania, we've had 4 days of sunshine in a row.  Temps have been in the 40's and today even hit 50.  And I'm loving it.

My laptop has been giving me fits, and so I ordered a new one which arrived today.  It's unpacked, charged, and I've played a little; but, all my stuff still needs moved from one to the other.  But it's recipe Tuesday, and I need to get one posted, so I'm on the old one right now.  Since warmer weather makes me think of ice cream, I thought I'd post the recipe for Buster Bar Dessert.  When I was selling crafts at various shows, I loved doing Secret Santa Shops at the elementary schools.  And one year, the lady in charge of one of the shops brought this in for lunch for the vendors.  It was delish!  So, here's Buster Bar Dessert:

Buster Bar Dessert


Ingredients:
1 pkg. Oreo cookies, crushed
½ gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
1 can Spanish Peanuts
1 jar Hot Fudge ice cream topping (warm if necessary)
1 tub Cool Whip
Recipe instructions:
Layer the first four ingredients in a 13 x 9 cake pan, saving ½ cup  crushed 
cookies for topping.  Ice with the cool whip.  Sprinkle with left over cookies.  Freeze 
until firm.  

So, what could be easier.  Quick, Easy and Oh so Good!!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Why don't I remember ever eating this? I think I would remember eating this! You should make it soon.

Lindabee said...

They fixed it for us at the College Square Elementary St. Nick Shop the first year we did it. I'm sure you were there.