Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I'm not really sure, but if you know please tell me.  I've gotten the top for Lily's princess quilt put together.  It needs pressed, and quilted and I plan to do  that this coming weekend.  I also need to do a quilt for Lily's little brother, who will be three next month.  I never made him a quilt, so now is the time.  I'm thinking about cutting 5" squares with my Go cutter and doing a sort of I Spy quilt for him.  I have been such a slacker. I got my Go cutter in April, and have only used it once to cut strips for a class I'm taking in July.

I've always believed I was a pretty good quilter, I can follow a pattern.  But I've always been "geometrically challenged".  And when I look at the templates for the cutter, I'm so befuddled.  What do I do with them?  How do I know what to cut and then what to sew.  I've read Pat's blog, and seen her blocks and I am so in awe.  How did she do so many blocks so quickly.  Well, my plan for the rest of this week (when I have the time and no kids here) is to do something with this cutter.  I see all these people raving about it, and I'm not sure why I haven't been so impressed.  And so, it's time to find out.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Let me know which cutter dies you have and I can give you some ideas. I was a bit nervous at first to try to come up with something that uses the dies I have, but it wasn't as hard as I thought and it's LOTS of fun (and saves HUGE amounts of time). You'll get the hang of it and then wonder why you didn't play with it sooner!!! LOL