Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ramblings of a Dizzy Broad

All my best laid plans for the Christmas quilts have fallen by the wayside. My vertigo reared it's ugly head suddenly and without warning, and has left my world spinning - literally.  Usually it strikes in the summer when there's a lot of high humidity, so I'm not sure what kicked it into gear right now.  We've had a tremendous amount of rain, so maybe that's it.  I can only thank God that it hasn't been snow or we'd be up to our "well you get the idea" in the white stuff.  Sure would love to have some snow for Christmas, though.  The dizziness has interrupted my life,  I can't bend over, I can't put my head down or back, and any sudden movement results in the room spinning.  So, sewing has been out of the question.  It's getting better, so hopefully I will be able to return to life as I know it very soon.  I've been spending most of my time watching Christmas shows, both for kids and adults.  And I introduced Izzy and Jake to "Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas".  It's one of my favorite holiday videos, and now the kids like to watch it also.

I've also been spending a lot of time on Pinterest.  I've added new boards, new pins, and would love for you to "follow" me on Pinterest.  You can find me by searching for "Linda Burton".  Each year at Christmastime, we exchange food gifts with some of our neighbors.  This year I decided to do Cinnamon Spiced Almonds, and I found a recipe on Pinterest  for making them in the crock pot, which I'm going to try today.  If you're interested, it's on my Christmas Gift Ideas board.

I've also been toying with the possibility of opening an Etsy store after the first of the year.  Check back later for more news on that.  I need to clean and better organize the sewing room before starting that new project.  So, finishing the quilts and reorganizing the sewing room are the first two items on my agenda after Christmas.


1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh, gosh...I'm sorry you are feeling poorly when you have so much to do, but I am thinking you sound like you might be on the mend and back "in business" soon. I'll keep you in my prayers!