Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Good Reason to Try Something New

I am a person of habit.  I just don't like change. But sometimes I just have to try something new - many times it's because I've heard about a new product that promises good things.  But to be perfectly honest, most times it's a money thing.  I've always been a fan of Heat n Bond, and I do a lot of applique, so I use a lot of Heat n Bond Lite. But the last time I was running low of fusible, I received an offer on Wonder Under that I just couldn't refuse.  So I ordered a couple of yards.  It seemed flimsier, but it was all I had.  So, I traced my pieces and fused them to the fabric.  So far so good!  I did find that it was, at times,a little more difficult to peel the backing off.  But. I took my time, and got the backing off clean.  This morning, I fused my applique pieces to the background blocks.  I have to tell you, I am so pleased with the results.  The Wonder Under is not nearly so stiff as the Heat n Bond.  And, it seems to be sticking better to the background.  No one is paying for me to say this, but I truly believe that I will use the Wonder Under when possible.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing the Heat n Bond, I just prefer the feel of the Wonder Under.  And, I think that I will have a more open mind when it comes to trying something new.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hmm. Im a heat n bond lite gal myself. Maye next time i will try something new. Since you already tested it. Lol