Thursday, April 11, 2013

Busy, busy . . .

I've been really busy.  I finished the quilt top for the quilt that was ordered, and will sandwich and quilt it this weekend.

But, this week, I've been working on the two quilts for the Saddle Up.  The first quilt was the embroidered horse blocks.  I used the red and blue bandana fabrics and did the Austin block that I had described in an earlier post. This block is so simple, and yet I think it showcases the embroidered horses beautifully.  I'm wanting to do sashing, but haven't made a decision as to which fabric to use.





The second quilt is the kid's western quilt.  These are embroidered designs that I purchased from www.designsbyjuju, named Wild Wild West.  These designs are so cute, and I wanted something bright for the kids.  I chose to use the bright yellow, orange and hunter green bandana fabrics. Churn Dash is one of my favorite quilt blocks, and there was no doubt that it would frame these embroidered designs beautifully.  Today, I hope to finish building these blocks.

Have a great weekend.

No comments: