Monday, October 14, 2013

How Do I Love Thee??

I really have an amazing husband.  In less than a month, we will celebrate our 39th anniversary.  It's been an amazing trip, and although some years were really tough, I'm not sure I would have changed any of it because it made me who I am.

Today is my birthday.  I won't tell you how old I am, but I recently attended my 45th high school reunion!  Rod has been asking me what I wanted for my birthday, and I could not think of anything.  I had been looking at  dreaming of a Koala Cabinets for sewing, but at nearly $1,000 they are waaayyy out of my price range.  It's truly beautiful and a quilter's dream, but not in my budget.  I have been sewing in the living room, because it's so convenient when I have Jake.  He is just fascinated with all the mess treasures in the sewing room, and, in the living room I can keep an eye on him and he can watch his favorite TV shows.  I had been using a folding table with a plastic top.  I loved that table because it was so light, but the legs buckled under the weight of the sewing machine while the table was being slid into the corner of the living room.  My wonderful husband caught the sewing machine and left the table fall.  Then he brought me up a wooden table that he had made from banquet table legs and a wooden top.  It was a little high, but worked pretty well until it also weakened from the weight being moved from one place to another.

Saturday, I didn't see Rod much until time to get ready for Izzy's birthday party.  Yesterday, after he had made two trips to Trader Horn and been out of sight for a while, he presented me with this wonderful table on casters.  It's not a Koala Cabinet, to be sure.  But it's the perfect height for me, it moves easily, and most importantly it was made with love.  You can see there are some narrow shelves under the top, and (if  I can locate them) I think I have some narrow thread holders that will fit there.  He will eventually stain and varnich it, but right now I just need to use it. It's one of the most thoughtful, wonderful gifts that I've ever received.  And that's just one of the reasons that I love him.

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a great gift! How nice of him to take the time to do that for you. ENJOY!

Nani said...

Oh Linda what a fantastic birthday gift! Totally a wonderful gift and made with love is even better. Awesome that he put it on casters for you since it’s moved so much too.

Happy Birthday! Enjoy the new sewing table.