Friday, November 8, 2013

Funny Friday

I guess that this should be categorized as irony rather then funny. My father never really accepted that I had become a responsible adult, and he had a tendency to make me feel like I was sort of stupid.  Every time we borrowed a video from him and my mom, he made sure that he told me NOT to erase what was on it.  Every single time!!  And we were always careful.  My parents were really good friends with some Amish families, so when Daddy found out that we had recorded Witness with Harrison Ford, he asked to borrow the tape.  And I didn't say, "Be careful not to erase it".  I guess that was my mistake.  I was always sure to label all the videos we wanted to save, but never removed the tab on the cassette.   When he asked if we could all watch the movie together before I took it home, I didn't see any problem with it.  You can imagine my dismay when the "movie" started and it wasn't Witness at all.  Seems that my mom and dad had taped "Lawrence Welk" over our movie.  I over-dramatized a little when I acted indignant that although he always made sure that he told us not to tape over one of his tapes, he had, in fact taped over one of ours.  I'm sure he was a little embarrassed to admit that he had done that, but he never again told us to be careful with his videos.  We laughed about the look on his face most of the way home.

No comments: