Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Answers Appear When You Least Expect Them

A high school classmate had posted a request on Facebook for people to complete a survey  for a book that she's writing.  She needed opinions from ladies over 50 for part of her research.  At the end of the survey, you could indicate whether or not you would be willing to participate in a one-on-one interview.  Without thinking too much about it, I checked the yes box.  She contacted me to set up an appointment, and at that point I became very apprehensive.  We were never really close friends, and now I questioned how much I was willing to reveal about my life.

Friday morning, Donna arrived right on time.  I told her how I felt, and she told me that if a question made me uncomfortable to just let her know.  And the interview began.  Her questions were not at all what I expected. Some were about my childhood, some about my past relationships.  She asked about my faith, my regrets in life, and where I saw myself in the future.  After Donna left, I sat and reflected on the questions that she had asked and the answers that I had given.  This interview was supposed to be for her, yet it was very enlightening for me.  I began to realize that many of the answers that I had given involved my weight.  And it became clear that I needed to get serious about weight loss.  I've said that more times than I can count, but this time I prayed for a solution to present itself.  I have a bookshelf full of dieting books, another with books about diabetes and, for me, the two go hand in hand.  But I have never had the will power to stick with any program.

I had noticed that my one daughter had been losing weight, and her moods and outlook on life had changed.  When she came that afternoon, I asked her about what she had been doing and she told me that it was Isagenix.  She explained the program to me, and I couldn't help but think that God had presented an answer for me.  Although the program is a little costly, I asked her to help me order the program. It's an all natural program, with no gimmicks.  My products are due to arrive tomorrow.   I will start on Thursday.  I know in my heart that this is my last hope since I refuse to have any type of gastric surgery.  I'm posting my before photo here.  Please bear with me if I post photos as I progress.  Also, please pray that God will give me the the determination, the patience, and the will power to make this journey.

No comments: