Friday, November 21, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

As the magician in Frosty the Snowman said, that's just what I've been. I've been working on the quilts I'm giving for Christmas. I have 3 quilt tops finished, one nearly finished, one started, and one planned. Not bad, huh.

The other night our PBS station showed a documentary on the artwork of Dale Chihuly. I've always love glass, and have a collection of Fenton baskets. But the work of this talented man just leaves me breathless. Check out some of his work at http://www.chihuly.com/glass.html. The colors and shapes are just incredible. He has a team of blowers, and does little glass blowing himself, but the designs are just amazing. I think I'll bookmark this site for times when I need some inspiration. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

OMG, those are gorgeous!! Such beautiful baskets in all colors and shapes. Thanks for the link.
What inspiration....