Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday, Monday - Again

This weekend Rod and I were to leave Saturday AM for a night away for our 34th anniversary. I was so looking forward to it, but on Friday afternoon, Rod called and said find us a room for tonight and pack your undies -- I told the Bossman I'm leaving for my anniversary weekend early. I'll be home at 3:30. What a great surprise. We left the house at about 4:00, and made a quick stop at our favorite bakery to pick up a few goodies for the trip. Soon it was dark and very rainy, and we missed a turn. The trip which usually takes 2-1/2 hours took 4-1/2 hours, but we laughed and had a good time. Our trip was awesome, we visited stores we don't usually go into. Had a lot of good food, and a very relaxing weekend. And of course, I visited a fabric outlet. After all, what's a trip without a fabric purchase????

Yesterday we took down the Halloween decorations and put up some turkey things. Thanksgiving is Rod's favorite holiday. After all, he says, what's better than a weekend of family, good food, and football!!! And, of course, we throw in a little Black Friday shopping. We aren't the early birds since I don't like crowds. Last year we left at 4:00 pm, still found the bargains we wanted and no crowds. Guess everyone else was shopped out. How do you spend Thanksgiving weekend? We put up the turkey quilts, and today my sewing room looks like a tornado went through. So, now I'm off to put things away and try to find the half finished project that is my next victim. Have a great week.

No comments: