Sunday, February 22, 2009

Orange Challenge

This weekend I've been working on an orange challenge with my Pat Sloan yahoo group. I did 4 blocks on Friday, but haven't gotten back to doing any more since. I want to make more, but wasn't sure I liked the ones I had done already. But after looking in the photo album for our group and seeing some of the blocks put together, I've decided to make more and put them together to use as a machine quilting practice piece. I saw some had put them together on point, and I really loved those. However, I don't know how to figure how large my setting triangles have to be. If you can help me with calculations, please let me know. Here are the photos of the 4 blocks I have done.









DD Kristin had to put her beloved Newfoundland down a few weeks ago, and last night introduced us to our new "grandpuppy". Her name is Sydney, she's also a newfie, and just as cute as can be. She's such a little ball of fur, but she's only 8 weeks old.





Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Sydney is adorable. Here is the link to way to get setting triangles...a gal sent it to me yesterday. I used it this a.m. and it worked PERFECTLY. (I used a calculator for all the multiplying of the numbers!!!) You will have to copy and paste the link and then you can get the directions. I am keeping the directions for sure since they worked so well. Pat S said directions are in her Beyond The Basics book. I have 7 of her books but NOT that one...figures...so I'm glad that other gal sent me this link.

http://www.patchpieces.com/quiltsettings.html