Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And the Final Blocks are Done

Well all my blocks are done, and the sashing has been put on the top of each block. Tonight Mary will help me lay them out, and then I'm ready to start putting the quilt top together.

This is my log cabin. I had to add two strips to make it the right size, but the quilt police aren't allowed in this area. (Thank Goodness).


This is my Ohio Star. It's one of my favorite blocks.


This is my version of Maple Leaf. I had to include it since I'm such a fall person.


This is a block called Bear Tracks, another from quilterscache.com. I love it too.


This is my Kentucky Chain block. I love how this block looks.


And last, but not least, a block from Quilterscache.com called Aunt Dinah.

So that makes twenty. and I'm glad they're done. It has been such a relaxing way to start the new year. The blocks are made from scraps from the Bee Attitudes BOM. And I've still got 5 blocks to finish for the Bee Attitudes quilt. What shall I do with the rest of the scraps? I know that This-n-That Fabrics is posting a free Strip of the Month pattern on their website, so I may try and do that one.

And a final tribute to our Steelers, who brought home their Sixth Superbowl trophy. Thanks for such an exciting game! My husband says he can't watch football anymore, it's not good for his heart. Yeah, Right!!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Great job on this...can't wait to see the top pieced together!!!

Nancy said...

Those blocks are great!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.