Friday, February 6, 2009

Update on flu

Izzy was discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon. She and Kristin stayed here wth me for a few hours while George went to have the truck serviced. She is so pale. She was very quiet, hardly talked at all. Not like Izzy. She's very snuggly, so I think she still isn't feeling up to snuff. She laid in my arms to watch "Maggie and the Ferocious Beast", but then went to lay on the couch with Kristin, and they both fell asleep. So, I spent most of the afternoon sitting in the living room watching them sleep. Did I mind? Oh, no. I was just glad to have them here, and to know they're both going to be OK. Kristin is still off work today, and Jimmy is laid off, so I have no kids for the third day this week.

I really miss Bubby. He's such a talker. Tomorrow Mary is taking him out to the kindergarten center for a meet and greet with the kindergarten teachers. I can't believe he's going to kindergarten in August. But I was equally worried when he went to preschool, and it's been so good for him. He has grown so much and I have to trust that God will look out for him. They fitted him for arm crutches at therapy two weeks ago, and last week he got to try them out. It's a big change, but he will adjust because Bubby doesn't know how to quit. He's such an inspiration because he's so determined to do what's expected of him.

My house is so quiet, and I'm almost lonely. But I do have my quilt top almost put together. I just have to cut the borders and put them on. Hopefully, I will be able to send it to the quilter next week. Thanks for all your prayers.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I'm glad to hear things are on the mend there. My daughter and granddaughter when they were young and went through what Izzy had, took a few days to get somewhat back to normal. It takes a lot out of them.