Friday, April 17, 2009

Here and There

It is the end of an era-- John Madden has announced his retirement. And football, as we know it, will never be the same. Thanks John for all the enjoyment you've given us.

My Mom is finally settled in Assisted Living. It's a really nice community only 5 minutes from our house. The facility is a group of homes, with both private and semi-private rooms. Mom has moved into a private room with a private bath. The residents are assisted with dressing, if needed; bathing or showering, their rooms are cleaned, the beds are made, and home cooked meals are prepared there in each house. The residents all go to the dining area for meals, and then the caregivers clean up after dinner. There are living rooms in the house and large screen TV's. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and there is a pond just a short distance away from Mom's house. I hope that she will be happy here. It's been a bumpy road to find a suitable facility, and I'm looking to getting myself settled down and my blood sugar levels back to normal.

I've been sewing on my new machine on the new table. Love the machine and the table, but I'm a shorty and the table is way too high for me. My hands have been going to sleep from shoulder problems. So, I raised my chair level, and then my legs started to go to sleep. This weekend, DH Rod is going to make me wooden legs to put my table at the height where I will be comfortable. He sure is a sweetie!! I've finished the wall hanging I was making to celebrate spring and hope to get it quilted this weekend. Photos will be posted next week. Have a great quilty weekend.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

The assisted living arrangement you found sounds perfect. In fact, it sounds a lot like retreat!! Maybe we all need to go into assisted living, then we could sew all day...