Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I'm Still Trying

I've finished the wallhanging top I was working on. And have now moved on to the quilting. It's not going so well. I'm having two problems -- either the thread is breaking or the thread is seriously looping on the bottom of the quilt sandwich. I know that both are tension problems, and today, I have decided to reread the instruction manual that came with the new machine, because I know that it's the operator and not the machine. I've been trying some new quilting patterns in my freestyle quilting. I've done some swirls, and loops and some outline quilting. Hopefully I can finish it up this weekend.

We're leaving on Thursday afternoon for the York train meet, and will return on Friday evening. Krissy has a parade and her first softball game on Saturday, and we surely don't want to miss that. Weather is supposed to be beautiful this coming weekend, and since Izzy and I cleaned the deck last weekend, I may actually get to sew on the deck this weekend. We did ribs in the smoker last Saturday, and they were yummo!! So, we've decided that the smoker is a keeper, and may try a brisket this coming weekend. Jimmy goes back to work today, and so Bubby comes back to stay with me. He stayed yesterday afternoon, and Izzy was so happy to have him back. I have a corner of the living room which is in front of their books and toy shelves which they call the "library". After Bubby got home from school at noon yesterday, he and Izzy spent about an hour or so reading in the "library". Since neither of them really reads yet, it was so interesting to hear them give their versions of the pictures. Have a good rest of the week,

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I don't remember what kind of machine you have, but my bobbin case has a little handle with a small hole in it. I put the bobbin thread through the hole before bringing it up through the throat plate. It keeps the tension tighter when I am machine quilting....