Monday, April 6, 2009

I DID IT!!!!

At the Lancaster show this weekend, I bought a new sewing machine. The newest addition to my sewing family is a Janome 6600P, a professional machine. I also bought the table made to go with this machine. Much more than I wanted to spend, but my dear Hubby encouraged me to do it. And boy am I glad that he did!! I played with my new machine yesterday, and so far I am in love with it.

Thursday I have all three kids since Krissy is on Spring break Thursday and Friday. Rod is off also on Friday, so we'll carry on our Good Friday tradition of dying eggs with the grandkids. Also I bought some spring cookie shapes from Market Day, and we'll bake them and let the kids decorate them. This will be our first egg dye with Izzy and I'm sure it will be a hoot. I used to make pierogis for family and friends on Good Friday, but haven't done that for a few years. If I have time, maybe I'll do some potato and also some sauerkraut pierogis. When I do my sauerkraut ones, I drain the sauerkraut and mix in some brown sugar, so it gives them a sweet/sour taste. I sent them to Philly with Kristin one year, and her roommate couldn't understand why the Mrs. T's sauerkraut pierogis that he bought didn't taste like mine. And that's my secret for sauerkraut pierogis.

I bought some new patterns at the quilt show this past weekend, one for dinosaurs for Izzy since she loves dinosaurs. I bought dogs and cats and one for a seamstress sweatshirt jacket for me. Now to find a sweatshirt to fit me. And on to play with my new "friend". Have a good week.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey, we need to see a photo of this great sewing machine!! How fun to get a new machine AND a special table for it.. Will you take classes?

Pat said...

Yes....show us your new machine and I hope you have many years of sewing happiness with it, too!