Friday, September 25, 2009

Last day this year of more daylight than darkness!

Did  you know that?  Yep, that's what the weatherman said this morning.  We have 2 more minutes of daylight than darkness today.  Enjoy those two minutes.


I've been busy this week.  I finished my pumpkin quilt, and it's adorning the back of the love seat in the living room.  I finished the mini Halloween wall hanging I was working on, and gave it to my mom to put on her door. The quilt was put together with blocks that I got in a swap in 2005.  I love how it turned out. The wall hanging was a challenge in one of my yahoo groups.  Mom loved it and was so surprised when I told her she could take it home for her door.  Rod gave her a small pumpkin from the garden.  And she was tickled that she had some Halloween decorations.


 I made a child's apron for Izzy for her birthday- - day.  Her party is Saturday, and I've bought her the Tupperware kid's plates, cups, bowls,etc. and a basket to put them in.  But I also like to give the kids a gift on their actual birthday.  Aunt Mary bought her a pair of pink cowgirl boots, and she looked so funny running around the house in her apron (which came past her knees) and those boots.  Changing a diaper on a child wearing a long apron and cowgirl boots isn't easy.  I know, I had to do it yesterday since she wouldn't let me take either off.

This weekend is supposed to be rainy, so hopefully some sewing will get done.  I have so much to do before our Disney trip.  I loaded Christmas music onto the Zune yesterday -- somehow the Christmas tunes help me make gifts in October.  Hope you have a great weekend.

No comments: