Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hump Day

We are only 28 days out from the trip to Disney, and I'm getting more excited.  Our travel documents arrived yesterday. I have confirmed with the airline what needs to be done to "fly" my motorized cart, and have been making a list of what needs to be packed and bought.  Our dining reservations have been made, and our flights have been changed twice (what's up with that???)

This weekend, however, is our "real" anniversary weekend.  On Monday, Rod and I will have been married 35 years.  Wow, are we really that old?  We have been through so much together, both good and bad.  We have laughed and cried; argued and made up; dreamed and dreamed and dreamed together.  It's been a great journey, and I look forward to the future with my best friend.  We have a room in Berlin, Ohio for Saturday night to celebrate.  We really love staying in Amish Country, and our room has a hot tub and a fireplace.  Hey, I did say we were going to celebrate!!!

I'm working on another sampler quilt.  Seems like sampler quilts are all I do, but I really love hand piecing the blocks, and don't get bored since there is only one of each design.  I do find, and try new patterns which makes each quilt a little different from the previous one.  Next week, I'll post pictures of the some of the completed blocks.

Bubby's bus driver has given me two huge bags of fabric, and I'm in the process of going through them and deciding what to keep and what to return to Becky.  She will donate it to a church or school.  There are some really large pieces, some as much as 5 yards.  I needed another color for the current project, and lo and behold, a suitable one was in one of the bags.

Christmas is rapidly approaching.  What are you making for gifts?  I don't know if I'm making too many gifts this year.  Depends on how much time I have left over after finishing the quilt for my mom.  Have a great day.

No comments: