Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A New Week

Spring is finally here, and not soon enough for me.  However, I could do without the 80 degree temps right now.

It has been brought to my attention that I never reported on the Lancaster quilt show.  It was a nice large place in downtown Lancaster.  However, there was little parking close by, and you were expected to park at a local hotel and take a shuttle bus.  Not possible for me with my little blue scooter.  I did tell someone when we got there that there was no access for my scooter on their buses and they said they would try to do better next year.

And this was my major purchase this year.  I did it -- I bought the AccuQuilt GO.  For those who don't recognize it, it is a die-cutting machine for fabric.  And it's manually powered.  I got a really good deal, as they promised, and walked away with the machine and quite a number of dies for $500.00  Haven't used it yet, I have too many projects that need to be completed in the next month.  And then I will play.  One of the dies I purchased was for 2-1/2" strips.  It will be so nice for bindings, and for strip quilts.

And speaking of strip quilts (nice transition, huh?), I got to meet Eleanor Burns.  I have watched her on TV for several years, and was so happy when Linda from the AccuQuilt booth offered to take me over and introduce me.  Eleanor was so nice and friendly, and I bought her new book and got an autograph.  I was so in awe, however, that I didn't think to get a picture with her.  

But since the GO had used up my quilt show budget, there weren't many other purchases. I got some thread from Superior Thread and a bundle of hand-dyed FQ's from Cherrywood Fabrics that resemble suede.

But the worst part of the weekend, was Friday morning.  Rod set my laptop down on the ground while he put my cart into the trunk and then backed over it.  The laptop still works, but the screen cracked.  He was so upset that Saturday morning he went and bought me a new one.  We're getting a new screen for the other one, and Rod will take this new one (I liked the first one better).  So, that's the report.  And my marriage is still strong.  He looked so devastated that I couldn't yell, scream or jump up and down.  I just told him I didn't want to talk about the laptop because it wasn't going to ruin the weekend that we had looked forward to for so long.  And that's the truth!!  Have a good day.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I am anxious to hear about the cutter. You will have to report how it works...

Too bad about the lap top.

JustCindy said...

I agree with Nancy, reports please. I don't know who I feel the worst for over the laptop, you or Rod. I'm sure you both were very upset.

Pat said...

Lancaster, as with many cities, doesn't have the "ideal" setup for quilt shows. Hampton, VA, has a great set-up.....LARGE building....all on one floor with adequate parking right there. I did see folks with scooters in the show this year but am not sure where they parked. Where DID you end up parking so you could get to the main show area? I am anxious to hear about the cutter, too. I have been fascinated with it...but think our local quilt shop plans to get it and let us "rent" time on it....so figured I might try that first. How nice to have it in your home, though! Sorry about the laptop incident.