This is the horse quilt that I had shown before it was finished. I don't feel real confident in my free motion quilting abilities - usually I just do stipple quilting. But I've decided that I just need to brave the waters and practice. So on this quilt, I quilted stipples around the horses, swirls on some of the horses, stars in the borders, and vines with leaves in some of the sashings. Not perfect, that's for sure, but it's a start.
This is the Chunky Churn Dash pattern which I made with scraps from dog bandanas that I made in the past. The hourglass blocks, however, are made with new fabric from Pat Sloan's Sweet Liberty line. For a quick quilting, I just quilted diagonals in the blocks. I think it's my favorite this year, and Rod says he'll buy chances on this quilt.
And last, is the quilt made from the Back in the Saddle panels. I really cheated with this one, and only added fabric where needed to make the quilt the size I wanted. Unless you look closely, you can't really see where I put the needed fabric. In the sashings, I took the advice I was given and quilted to make it look like ropes. Then in the blocks, I just did an allover stipple. But they're done, and I'm feeling good about the way they look. Now if they just raise some good dollars for the kids at St. Jude.