Friday, July 2, 2010

TGIF

Oh, yea.  I'm so happy it's Friday.  I woke up late this morning.  Every AM I am awakened by a loud truck which evidently belongs to one of the employees at the contracting company on our road.  But this morning, no truck.  Either I was really zonked, or he took a day off.  And I couldn't seem to wake up.  I dragged myself to the potty, wiped the sleep from my eyes, and tried to convince my body that it was awake.  I drank my coffee and then headed to the sewing room to press my first two flowers.


Here's my first one.  A Christmas-y plaid with a gold snowflake center.  Not bad, for a first attempt. I love doing these, except for the centers. There must be an easy way, but as yet, I haven't found it.




And here's number two.  Some of my reindeer have lost their heads, and some (and one of the Santas) are standing on their heads.  But when they are in the quilt, I don't think it will matter.   I really have to work on those two kid quilts this weekend.  The birthday party is a week from tomorrow, and I want to give the kids their quilts at the party.  So, as of tomorrow, the flowers have to wait their turn.

Next Friday will be a big day for us.  Kristin has her ultrasound, and we should know what sex the new baby will be.  I think it's a boy, but next week we should know for sure. Hope you have a great 4th holiday.

4 comments:

JustCindy said...

I can't believe it is time for Kristen to have her ultrasound, seems like just last you week you told us she was pregnant. You are killing me with your wonderful Christmas flowers. Now I want to make a Christmas, halloween, patriotic. Oh dear, the possibilities are endless. Can't wait to see the next ones.

Lindabee said...

Ohhh, I hadn't thought of Halloween. I think we've caught a sickness.

Lindabee said...

Ohhh, I hadn't thought of Halloween. I think we've caught a sickness.

Pat said...

I love your flowers!!!