Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"Get Out of the Rut" Tuesday

Here it is, another GOTR Tuesday.  And believe me, this is not the way I planned to get out of any rut.  I have this horrible habit of planning what needs to be done before Christmas and then wearing myself out trying to do all that I've planned.  And again this year, I over planned what I would be able to accomplish.  I never figure into those plans that I babysit the two little ones, and that Kristin's schedule changes when least expected.  Last week, I decided that the covered composition books that I had planned to do for the kids needed to be pushed back to Valentine's Day.  And now, I find that I have to push something else back.  There is absolutely no way in Hades that I can finish both of those princess dresses in less than 5 days.  Never mind that I've lost one pattern piece, forget that they aren't even cut out yet.  The bottom line is that I want these dresses to be so special for my granddaughters, and I had forgotten that bridal satin is so miserable to work with.  And so to get out of the rut, the rut of overdoing things and ending up tired and frustrated, I am NOT worrying about finishing these dresses before Christmas!!  There - I have said it! And now it can be done!

Now here's my dilemma - I bought these beautiful sparkle-y shoes to go with the princess dresses.  Do I save the shoes for when I give the dresses?  Do I give the shoes now with a picture of the dresses and an IOU?  Or do I just give the shoes and not worry about saying anything about the dresses?  Kristin is on vacation next week, so I should have plenty of time to finish the dresses then.  I have already bought UGG boots to go with the jeans and fleece pullovers.  I have bought rolling pins to go with the aprons, and have bought undies and tights to put into the trunks.  It's not like they will miss the shoes.  But Izzy wanted pink sparkly shoes for Christmas.  I'm leaning toward saving them and giving them later.  I think the dresses and shoes will be more special if they have their own day.  What do you think?

3 comments:

Nancy said...

As fast as kids grow...they might not fit into the shoes if you wait. I would give them the shoes and head to the dollar store and get big fat bright pink feather boas to go with them... Then no push to get the dresses done in the week between Christmas and New Year...

Lindabee said...

The shoes are for the dolls to go with the doll clothes.

Retired Knitter said...

I say give them the shoes for their dolls. And us the boa idea for the dolls as well. Bet a boa sized for a doll would take no time at all.