Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Was I Thinking???

Last night Rod and I stayed up until 1 a.m. to watch Gone With the Wind.  I knew that I had to be up early to get the stuffings (or is it dressing?) into the crock pots, but I couldn't pull myself away from that Yummy Captain Butler.  So although I was a little bleary eyed, I dragged myself to the kitchen before 8:30 and the dressings (I think it's dressing since it wasn't stuffed into the turkey) was in before 9.  We are planning on a 1 p.m. dinner. The turkey is done, and resting comfortably in the oven.  Potatoes are peeled, and in water ready to turn on.  Pam and Pat came down this morning and made the relish tray.  Yesterday, Mary and I made the cornbread for the cornbread stuffing, and made a loaf of bread.  Last night, Pam made the pies, Rod and I made the homemade buns, and he cleaned the house.  The pickled eggs are finished and ready to eat.  I always make pickled eggs on holidays as a reminder of the blood Christ shed for us.

The house smells so good, and I'm starving already.  Hope that you and yours have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving.

No comments: