Saturday, July 20, 2013

"Oh What a Beautiful Morning"

It has been so hot and humid this past week and, with my asthma, I don't venture out when it's like that.  I was out to go to the doctor on Monday, got a great report. Then I was housebound until Friday when I went to the dentist to have a tooth pulled. And today, it's a whole new day. The jaw feels a lot better than when the tooth was there. The outside temperature is in the mid 70's with low humidity.  And so, I decided it would be a great morning to spend on the back deck enjoying the day.  I was surprised to see how much some of my little fish had grown.  I saw one of the tadpoles, who now have legs but still have their tails.  There was a hawk circling overhead, a bunny eating grass in the upper field, and two little songbirds sat on the deck railing to serenade me.  One of the neighbors was mowing the lawn, so the sweet smell of clover was in the air.  It was wonderful.

But now it's time to get to work.  I have a quilt to finish up for the neighbor's granddaughter. And Mary put in a request for pot pinchers.  It's green beans and new potatoes for dinner tonight, so I should have some good sewing time today.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: