Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Where's Spring

I know the calendar says it's spring. . . but why was there snow on the ground yesterday morning? Please spring - come my way. I promise that I will welcome you with open arms. I know it's getting close. The pussywillows are out of their bush, and I have some daffodils blooming along the front fence. There are little leaves on the lilac bushes, and the fish are swimming slowly in the pond.

I'm gearing up for the Lancaster show this weekend. We're leaving Thursday evening to go as far as Bedford. Then Friday, after a good breakfast, we'll go to Lancaster (only about three hours). I'm in the market to buy a new sewing machine. I'm looking at the Marie Osmond Quilters Companion manufactured by Janome. If feels like sort of a luxury since my old machine is still in working order, but it's not servicable by anyone in my area since it's a machine I purchased from HSN. I'm going to wait and try it out at the show, and then make up my mind.

I'm still working on the Prairie Sweets quilt for Kristin, and trying to finish the batik attic windows quilt top for Mary. I've never had a top that has given me fits like this one. If the pieces don't fit right, my machine is running out of bobbin thread at very inopportune moments. But, I shall perservere and be the victor. No quilt top is going to get the best of me!!!! Have a good weekend.

No comments: