Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Year Comes to a Close

Where did 2010 go? It seems like I blinked twice and missed it.  But so many good things happened for our family in 2010. Things to be so thankful for.  Grandson Bubba went the entire year without any hospitalization.  He did have a couple of seizures, but nothing serious.  








We took a family trip to Walt Disney World, all but daughter Kristin (who was pregnant).  Although it was hot in September, you expect that in Florida.  Not like the 2009 trip when it rained and was so very cold. I got more autographs for my Disney character quilt.  We had some really good times this year at Disney, times we will remember for years to come.








And we got a new grandson in November.  Here's a happy photo of Jake.

I completed five quilts to donate for an auction held at a Saddle Up Trail Ride to benefit St. Jude's Children's Hospital.  I finished two quilts to be donated to Project Linus as part of Disney's promotion to Give a Day and Get a Disney Day.  



I attended a 60th Birthday Party for my high school graduating class, and hooked up with two of my very best high school buddies.  It was wonderful to see so many of my "old" classmates and to discover that we had all aged gracefully, had ups and downs in life, and suffered similar tragedies at some point.

All in all, 2010 is a year I will look back on with a smile.  And, now I will look forward to 2011 with excitement.

2 comments:

Pat said...

2010 was a rough year for some in my family and for several friends, so I am hoping 2011 is a gentler, kinder year for all.

JustCindy said...

YAY for Bubba!! That was fantastic news. As your year may have flown by you sure had some good highlights to share with us.