Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chugga, Chugga, Choo Choo

And the quilting train moves slowly on.  Yesterday I managed to get two of the quilts pinned and ready for quilting.  That leaves two to go.  When I open the box of fleece that I had ordered, I didn't remember ordering those colors, but will make them work.  This panel is one of the pieces that I sandwiched.  If you were quilting it, how would you do it?  Should I just do an all over quilting, or something more complicated?

Rod took down the baby swing yesterday -- Jake doesn't like it much anymore.  That made room for the table that I use to pin my quilts.  The kids will be here most of the day as Kristin has two appointments today, and will go to transfer my Mom from the skilled nursing facility to her assisted living home.  But by leaving the table up here in the living room, I will be able to quilt in the evenings while watching TV.

Mary stopped by on her way home from school yesterday, and we spent an hour or so on the deck.  Then I ended up with a nasty headache.  I'm not sure if it was from the way I was sitting to pin the quilts or  from allergies, but I will be glad to get the air conditioners in as they help to filter out the pollen.  Still, it's so nice to see the sun and have the windows open.

Have a good one.

                                                Linda

1 comment:

Nancy said...

How about a diamond pattern on that quilt... easy, quick and always looks good...

We already have the A/C on..it's supposed to be 92 in Missouri today and I have to clean the garage...should have started early this morning..lol