Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Monday. . .

not surprising.  Bad things always seem to happen on Monday.  What happened last night could have been a bad thing.  But thanks to my bladder, it turned out OK.  It makes you wonder, though, if we're not ready for a home!!  You know, one of those so-called "senior moments".
Let me introduce you to two of my best friends in the whole wide world -- our coffee pots.  Although we do use the Keurig several times a week, most of our coffee is made in a Revere percolator like this one.  Rod's family always used one of these, and we got our first one as a wedding gift.  We've had to buy one or two since then, but it's what we like.  Rod is in charge of making coffee.  He makes the best coffee. I think it must go back to when he worked as a short order cook at Eat-N-Park.  Back then, he was called a "grill boy".  He was working there when we got married, and I can assure you, he was no boy!!
But I digress.  When my bladder demanded that I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom to avoid embarrassment, I could smell something strange.  Couldn't figure out what it was.  My nose followed the smell, and I followed my nose.  And there it was. . .  our beloved coffee pot still on the stove and the burner was still on.  I rushed to the stove and turned off the burner, thus rescuing our "friend".  The coffee, however, was not salvageable.  It didn't even smell like coffee.  Seems that we went to bed last night and neither of us realized that the coffee was still slowly perking.  So, this morning, I am grateful to the bladder that makes demands at some of the most inopportune times, and to the Keurig for stepping in when it was so badly needed.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

OMG...let's hear it for old age bladders!! Mine kept our deck from burning...

http://tenacresandapond.blogspot.com/2010/10/no-title.html