Thursday, September 15, 2011

I'm Back, With a Hat or Two

Yes, I'm back from Disney, and normally I would be sad.  But  not this time.  I was more than ready to come home.  We had a wonderful time, but it was so hot that I felt like I was melting.  Unfortunately, that is not the case - I don't think I lost a pound.  But it was so hot and humid that I think my sweat was sweating!!!  This photo was taken on our first full day at the parks.  This was at Animal Kingdom, and you can see my "sexy" hat.  It probably would have looked better had I turned it inside-out.  But if you think it looks funny here, you should have seen it after I got caught in a cloudburst later that afternoon and then sat on the hat.  No really. . . not only did it knock the hat out of kilter, but I had a wet bum to boot!

So, I bought a new hat.  Not sure it looks any better, but it was cooler.  My only worry was that it I got sunburned in this hat would I look like a leopard???!!!  No worry -- didn't happen!  I'm not sure why I am a sucker for hats.  Maybe in a former life, I was a British Royal.  But whatever the reason,   I love hats. . .  big hats, little hats, and, at Disney, there are hundreds to choose from.  I know what you're thinking.  Surely she could have picked one that was a little more complimentary.  Hey, Rod thought I looked good??!!






Kris prefers "Ears".  And she has lots!  This is the leopard pair she wore in Animal Kingdom, and and Bubby is sporting his "Safari Ears".  Kris also had silver sequined ears and black ears with a red and white polka dot bow.  During this trip, Bubba bought a huge green hat with Goofy's ears attached.  He looked hysterical in it, and loved it.





Mary bought a Disney bucket hat, which she thought looked ridiculous.  I, however, thought it was adorable.


There are other photos of our hats,  Rod's, Jimmy's, and Bubby's Goofy Hat, but I don't have them at my fingertips at the moment.  More on the Disney trip tomorrow.  Still, it's good to be home.

3 comments:

JustCindy said...

Welcome home! I like both of your hats but I really love Kris's ears. lol

Pat said...

I like your second hat better than the first......the ears and the bucket hat are all nice, too. It's looking like the twins aren't into hats....LOL

Retired Knitter said...

I think the hats look great! Glad you had a good time but it is always great to come back home.