Thursday, September 29, 2011

Still Cleaning

Each and every box of fabric has now been emptied.  How did I buy so much that I haven't used???  It's a sickness, I'm sure.  All this fabric has been folded neatly (the key word here) and sorted by color.  I have one stack left to put away on the shelves.  Finally, I can see the light.  I found some quilt tops that I had forgotten about, and they have also been noted, folded and put into a case where I won't forget them again.  I swear I could sew for the next ten years on projects, kits and quilt beginnings that haven't been finished, and not have to buy a thing!  It's a sickness, I know.  I cleaned out a shelf behind the large door in the sideboard, and I put my fusible batting and my insulated batting in there.  Out of sight and yet well within reach.

I downloaded four books of doll clothes last week.  It was a great bargain purchase, but that meant that I had to print them out.  That is done, all the pages have been put into plastic page protectors and then into vinyl report covers.  You would be so impressed!  I took some fabric which resembles interfacing that I had purchased to trace patterns.  I have the patterns from one book traced, cut out, and put into an extra page protector that I stuck in the back.  One down and three to go.  This morning while I was folding fabric, I surveyed the fabric stacks to try and decide which fabrics would look cute for the doll clothes I'm planning to make. I have to make a trip to Walmart this weekend, and am planning on buying a clear vinyl shoe bag to hang on the back of my door.  I have a good size plastic box of trims that was given to me by a friend when she moved.  The box is cracked and barely holding together.  And I have no idea what all is in there.  I figure by sorting all my trims into clear pockets, I can see what I have and where best to use it.

My next job will be to sort out my patterns, which are in another plastic container.  I can use my label maker and label the hanging folders (which I do still have) and categorize them by subject - aprons, purses, wallets, potholders, doll clothes, baby clothes, and hats.  I love hats, have a number of patterns for them, but have never made one for myself.  That will change.  And so, I continue to muddle through.  It's nearly time for a photo!

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

You have been a busy bee. It must be wonderful to have so much fabric. Making doll clothes must be kinda like making baby clothes.