Monday, November 28, 2011

Back to Work

The extended Thanksgiving weekend has passed, and now it's back to work.  I just can't believe that we have so few days left until Christmas.  And there's so much to be done.  I continue to work on Christmas gifts, although at this point, it's doubtful that I will finished everything I wanted to do.  I've got a few of the doll outfits cut out.  It seems to work better for me to cut a couple and then spend the time to sew them.  I have a little plastic box that I'm putting them in as I cut them, and so it's less likely that I will lose any of the pieces.  I know, it seems too organized for me.  But I'm trying to change.

All the shopping that I planned to do is finished.  I did not battle the crowds on Black Friday - I did all of it from the comfort of my living room, feet propped up.  I got some really good deals, including some free shipping.  So, I'm pleased.

Thanksgiving was planned for my house, but on Wednesday I was viciously attacked by a flu bug.  There's no way I could cook dinner (not sure if it would have been healthy for everyone else, either), so we rescheduled our family dinner for Saturday.  Thursday morning, the twins showed up here with a frozen turkey to replace the thawed one that was in the refrigerator, and all the fixin's for a simple Thanksgiving meal.  I was still not quite myself, and so Rod and the girls made the stuffing, stuffed the bird (21-1/2 lbs.), and put it into the oven.  Later in the afternoon, they came back with pies, and prepared the rest of the meal.  It was so good, but there were a lot of leftovers.  We thawed the other turkey (22-1/2 lbs.) in preparation for our official Thanksgiving meal with the family.  For this meal, I made cornbread sausage stuffing in addition to the routine sage stuffing.  Mary brought baked corn pudding and a pumpkin roll.  Kristin brought deviled eggs - she makes the best, they taste just like Rod's mother's.  And the twins brought the pumpkin pies and whipped cream.  I had bought whipped cream, and according to Rod, we had 114 cans of whipped cream in the frig.  But he is prone to exaggeration!  It was so warm that the kids were able to pose for a picture in their turkey shirts on the back deck.  Hope your holiday was a safe and happy one.

Well, it's time to go back work.

No comments: