Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Monday

Yes it's a happy Monday.  The kids should arrive in about 1/2 hour, and I haven't seen them in almost a week.  Not a big deal for most grandparents who live a distance from their grandkids, but when you're accustomed to seeing them nearly every day, it's a big hole in your life not to see them.

Last week, I had planned on selling embroidered neckties to earn a little extra money.  I found some beautiful ties at a really great price on the internet, and ordered 4 to try.  This is my first attempt, and I'm not really thrilled with it.  You can see that it puckered, and I'm hoping it will iron out.  I do think that I figured out what I did wrong.  The needle in my machine is the same one that I used for applique embroidery and heat and bond, and I think it probably wasn't sharp enough.  So before I try the next tie, I'm planning on changing the needle to a new ball point needle.  Hopefully that will make the difference.  Have a great day.

No comments: