Monday, June 18, 2012

It's Monday Again!


Do you remember my wonderful triple slow cooker?  It's one of my favorite things.  After a busy weekend, we had a lot of leftovers.  And, I needed to put them to good use.  Sadly, lately I haven't been cooking a lot of good meals.  Call it lazy or call it summer blahs, but I knew I needed to start cooking some decent meals.  So, today I'm "crocking" in my triple slow cooker.  I thought I would have the kids today, but Izzy has a puny bug, and so they are at home with Mommy.  I looked through my crock pot recipes on Pinterest, today in crock pot #1 we have Beer Crockpot Chicken.  The winner in crock pot #2 we have Bacon Cheese Potatoes.    I didn't have any cheddar cheese, but had sliced American cheese leftover from the campfire on Saturday night, and substituted it for the cheddar.  And, in crock pot #3, we have Apple Raisin Bread Pudding.  I used the link recipe, but added a diced apple and substituted my favorite mulling spice for the cinnamon. And it used most of the bread leftover from the mountain man pies of Saturday night.  Right now my house smells wonderful.

The Father's Day campfire was so much fun.  Two of my nephews came, one with his family.  We had the Spam, meatballs, pepperoni, cheeses and ham for the pies.  Rod and I had baked a Texas sheet cake and Nestles Toll House chocolate chip bars.  And we also put out some pineapple and strawberries, much to the delight of the kids.  Mary brought some great baked beans, Kristin brought Hungarian sausage, and the twins brought a large assortment of chips.  Everyone must have enjoyed themselves because it was midnight before everyone was gone.  And it pretty much reinforced my belief that Family is Fun!

No comments: