Thursday, September 13, 2012

It's Getting Close

Two weeks from this moment, I should be on my way to Walt Disney World, one of my favorite places on earth.  But I still have so much to do.  All the tee shirts are done.  And I have some of our neck coolers that are started, but need to be filled with the Watersorb crystals.  And as if I don't have enough to do, I have decided to make a revised neck wallet.  The neck wallets that we receive from our travel agency are very similar to this one.  I found them to be very handy, but with the string, they were a little uncomfortable and were always getting tangeled with my pin lanyard.   To solve this problem, I decided to make a neck wallet that would hang from my lanyard.  I have made the flap a separate piece from the back so that I can insert a tab with a swivel hook.  And, the back pocket will be a proper size to hold my IPhone.  I have figured out all my sizes, drawn my patterns and have them ready to cut out of fabric.  I think they will be a little cooler and more durable made of cotton fabric.  If they turn out as well as I hope, I may finally put something into my Etsy store.  I ordered swivel hooks and assorted colored zippers, all of which should be delivered on Saturday.  

On Wednesday, which was Kristin's day off, I managed to get all my tee towels sewn and will begin to embroider them this weekend.  I also ordered all the fleece I need to complete all the Christmas quilts.  Now, all I need to do is finish the tops!!  But they will have to wait until after my vacation.

1 comment:

JustCindy said...

You will be sew busy the next 2 wks that time will fly by.