Sunday, September 9, 2012

I've Got a New Attitude

I've not been feeling too well the last few weeks.  Couldn't put my finger on it, just didn't feel like me.  Started reading a publication on Beating Diabetes -  I feel like it's been kicking my @$$.  I told daughter Pat that I felt that diabetes was doing the kicking, she replied, "Then it's time to start kicking back".  And believe me, the kicking has begun!!

I began by eliminating medications from my daily regime.  My oral diabetes meds have stayed - nope you don't mess with them!  My daily multi-vitamin has stayed.  And of course, the blood pressure med, the daily low dosage aspirin, and the allergy med has stayed.  But everything else has been kicked out of the house.  I've been on glucosamin for quite some time, and like the orthopedic dr. suspected, it hasn't helped.  So, bye bye.  But the naproxin is still welcome.  And the cinnamon capsule that has been giving me heartburn, see you.  The aforementioned publication said that I should be drinking 3 glasses of milk per day, and so I have been doing that and eliminated the calcium supplement.  And I've been pushing myself to move more.  And, ta-da, I'm pleased to report that my fasting blood sugar number has gone down 40  points in the last three days.  It still has a ways to go, but it's a start.




But to go along with the changes, a new hairdo, a new color, no more gray, and voila -- a new attitude.

2 comments:

JustCindy said...

Good for you! Love the new hair color.

Pat said...

You GO, Girl!!! Good for you!!! Your hair looks really cute!!!