Friday, March 1, 2013

Problem Solved

Yesterday I posted about needing a faster method of cutting my wallets.  Cindy  suggested that I use freezer paper and iron it on to cut the pieces.  I wanted to cut out 4 or so at a time, so I wasn't sure that this was the answer.  I had a roll of horsehair interfacing that I bought for a particular purse.  It is a stiff interfacing, is translucent, and easy to pin.  So this morning I traced my pattern off onto the horsehair and cut it out.  I was able to stack the fabric for 4 wallets, use long pins to pin the pattern onto the fabric, and cut them out with my good scissors.  It took no time at all and I had 4 wallets ready to sew.  Using the pins kept the fabrics from shifting, and I didn't have to have a hot iron at hand when Jake was here.  The cost of the interfacing that I linked is considerably higher than what I bought, and I'm planning on using the interfacing instead of batting in the wallets.  I think the batting will be too bulky, and yet the ones I have made previously seemed like they needed a little stiffening.

I tried rubber stamping some of my labels yesterday, and it was a disaster.  You can't really read the shop name when they are printed, and they just don't look professional.  So I searched on and found these labels.  The company selling the is TagsToGo. I followed the directions for ordering them, and placed my order.  I received an email back last night that they will have my proofs ready to review by the weekend, and will print my order after I have approved the design.  I ordered cream labels with black ink and a small bee on the label.  I can't wait to see the finished product.  I think I'm finally getting all my ducks in a row.

No comments: