Thursday, February 28, 2013

There Has To Be a Better Way

This morning I started cutting out the neck wallets.  There are 8 pattern pieces.  I have them printed on copy paper, and so I thought it would be quick and easy to just lay them on the fabric and cut them out with my rotary cutter and ruler.  I didn't want to use pins since they change the set of the ruler.  But it was a slow process, and I really need to find a quicker way.

So, I guess it's back to the old way.  I'm going to trace these pieces off onto pattern paper, and use the old pin and cut with scissors routine.  I think it would be prudent for me to cut out eight or ten wallets at a time, and then sew them assembly line fashion.

I am really excited about the modifications and additions that I've made to my design.  Photos coming next week.

No comments: