Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Boo Hoo,

I'm crying. It was such a wonderful weekend, and I'm so sad to see it go. The weather was just perfect -- not too hot, nice breeze, and I did a lot of sewing on the deck. Also watched poor old Pitt lose their season opener on TV. Saturday was our family day, with all the kids and their families here for beer can chicken. Everyone thought dinner was great - everyone but me. Somehow, the potatoes didn't taste right to me, nor did the picnic beans. And the cheesecake seemed to have no flavor. I think I need to find a different recipe. Thank goodness the corn on the cob was good.

Sunday my machine was smoking!!! I got 8 of the 12 blocks for Izzy's quilt buttonhole stitched. I woke up with a nasty headache, and it never left. So my sweet twins came down and cooked dinner for us. Woke up Sunday morning to find that the pond filter had sprung a leak overnight, and my poor fishies were swimming in just a few inches of water. We have an old canoe that still holds water, so Rod filled it and left it sit in the sun all day to eliminate the cholorine and then on Sunday pumped the first load back into the pond. Then he refilled it and left it sit until Monday. He fixed the filter (we hope) but we're not taking any chances and will turn it off at night.

Monday was a really lazy day. Any word you can find for doing nothing would fit this day. Rod and I went to Target shopping, and then to Lowe's, and then he treated me to lunch at Pizza Hut. We love their buffet. We came home, and putzed. We updated the train inventory book, talked, laughed, and did a lot of nothing. I love days like that. Now I'm just sad to see him go back to work. Dinner was simple -Manwiches, and squaw corn made from the leftovers from Saturday, and fresh yellow tomatoes from the garden. Rod did the cooking. Geez, I love a man with special talents. Last night I did get two more blocks for Kristin's quilt cut and ready to sew. I had to do something so that yesterday wasn't a total loss. Have a good week.

No comments: