Monday, October 20, 2008

Catching Up

Another Monday. It was a full weekend, which for me started on Thursday evening. We left as soon as Rod got home from work, and drove to Bedford Pa, where we stayed for the night. Then after sleeping in until 8 am, we had a hot breakfast buffet which was included with our room, and then started for York, PA for the TCA train meet. We got a lot of good buys, a new expansion pack for the kids' Thomas trains. Each grandchild has their own engine, and now they each have 4 cars. We also bought a new car for the Polar Express train, and my favorite buy -- a roller coaster for the carnival/circus. We drove home on Friday evening, and arrived back home about 8:30 pm. Saturday was sort of a lazy day for me, I put corn chowder on in the crock pot, but Rod got the grass cut for the last time this year. I did get some more blocks done for Krissy's Lion King quilt, but time is getting short, and I need to kick it up a notch.







Here's the three blocks that are completely done. I have one more to fuse, and three more to trace and fuse, but the rest are all ready for the blanket stitching. Have a good week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blocks are fantastic! I just love drooling over your quilts. :)

Pat said...

You do such GREAT character quilts for your grandkids. They are very lucky indeed!!! I'm glad you had such a fun weekend, too.

Val said...

Oh gosh Lindabee what great quilts you do for the grandkids. Thanks for sharing your method too on Pat's group. I just might have to give this a try with the coloring book.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Oh those pictures are really cute and beautifully done. I always love to check out what you are up to, Hugs, Mary