Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday

Another Monday, and this one is Rod's birthday. Happy Birthday, Dear. The kids are coming tomorrow night for dinner to celebrate. Sunday am, Mary dropped the kids off at 8:30 and then went to watch Jimmy's playoff games in softball (they lost the first two games they played, and Mary was pretty happy -- it was cold). So, for breakfast Pappy made his world famous donuts. Kristin and Izzy stopped, and Izzy got her first taste of Pappy's donuts. She just kept saying, "Oh, Wow!" Kris and Izzy stayed over an hour, and then went home. Krissy and I made pumpkin pies, and when the pies were done, we went down to the train room. Krissy and Rod worked on placing some of the houses, so he can finish the wiring, and Bubby just got mad because he could only run three trains instead of five. Shortly after we came back upstairs, the twins showed up and made wedding soup for dinner. It was so good. They really pile in the mini-meatballs and you get at least two in every bite. Mary and Jim got back about 3, and we watched our Steelers lost to the NY Giants.

I had my quarterly check-up with my PCP on Friday. He photocopied my bloodwork papers and told me if he had a gold star, he would have put it on the top. My bloodwork was the best it's ever been. My numbers were all in the range of non-diabetics and that's better than he ever expected. He told me I must be doing something right, and just to keep it up. So, I don't go back until January, and no bloodwork this time. Guess I go to the head of the class. It's not easy. Sometimes I am just so tired of being diabetic, and watching everything that I put in my mouth. But check-ups like this one make it all worthwhile.

I'm still blanket stitching the blocks for the Lion King quilt, and can't wait to finish this one up. It seems to be taking forever!! And I'm anxious to start some other projects. So, I guess I'd better go and start stitching. Have a great week.

No comments: