Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hump Day

Today is October 1st. And it really feels like fall. Yesterday we had rain, and now cooler temps. Fall always puts me into a push mode for Christmas gifts. I'm doing pretty well. Mary's quilt top is finished. Can't post a photo since she reads my blog each day. I'm working on block 10 of 12 for Kristin's quilt. Fabric is pulled for Pam's quilt, and I know what I'm doing for Pat's. George's is designed and the layout and drawings are done. And for Jimmy -- well he's getting a Steeler quilt made of 9-patch blocks. And to save time I bought the pre-cut squares from ebay. They were so inexpensive that it didn't make sense for me to do it myself. I'll probably chain piece them, and I already have the fleece to back it with. I just have to decide whether to tie or quilt it. I think tying is harder on my hands.

I bought a new purse pattern - it's a mailbox bag, and it seems to be a lot more complicated that it looked. I'll have to study the pattern and try to come up with a production line of doing it. I did buy FQ's at Joann last weekend for two of them. If you've made a mailbox bag, please let me know. Have a great rest of the week.

No comments: