Thursday, October 23, 2008

This and That

Wow, another week nearly gone. Here's a few scraps from my brain. I got my fall wall hangings out over the weekend. They were made, oh, about three or four years ago. I'm amazed at how much my work has improved in that time. Sometimes it's good to realize that.

I did something yesterday that I don't think I've ever done before -- I forgot to turn my iron off. Luckily when Kristin showed up to take me shopping, she noticed a "hot" smell in the back of the house, and found the iron on and turned it off. I'm so upset by this -- Hopefully it's not anything wrong, just a "mental-pause".

Rod is on overtime. Don't know for how long, but it really changes life. Now he leaves the house at 5:30 am and doesn't return until after 7:00 pm. We don't eat dinner until he's home, and then I'm not really hungry for a snack before bed. This morning my blood sugar was only 64 -- not a good thing. I'm sure it will take some getting used to before I can level it out again. I like to keep it between 80 and 100 because that's when I feel best.

Still working on the Lion King quilt. Yesterday I fused Rafiki and Zazu. I figured they would be the most difficult, and I was right. But now that they're done, I can move forward. If I don't post tomorrow, have a great weekend.

No comments: