Friday, March 20, 2009

First Day of Spring?????

The weatherman says that spring arrives in less than 1 hour, but you couldn't prove it by me. Although we've had some pretty warm temps lately, this A.M. it's only 26 degrees. But a warm-up is expected this weekend. Just two weeks from today I will be on my way to the Quilter's Heritage Celebration in Lancaster, PA. I'm really excited since I haven't been to a quilt show for a while, and I need a fabric/notions fix. I've been working on my wish list.

I have unofficially named the month of April as FIU month (finish it up). Right now I'm still working on Mary's batik quilt, and have been hand stitching on blocks for the Prairie Sweets quilt (which Krisin has claimed). But after Mary's quilt is sent to the quilter, I really need to finish up some projects. I need to finish my Log Cabin Insanity quilt which I worked on with my Sloanie cybergroup last February. I also need to finish my Farmer's Market quilt, which was also a Sloanie project. I've always used fleece on the back, but I'm finding I really love the feel of the batting and fabric backing. So, I plan on using fabric on the back. I figure that this will be a good chance to practice with my Flynn quilting frame, which I've had for two years and have never used. http://www.flynnquilt.com. I wanted to make a nice lap-top bag, and found a pattern I liked. I've received it and decided to make it with the African animal fabrics I had leftover from Krissy's quilt. But now I'm not sure if I have enough. So, before the quilt show, I need to measure all the fabrics, and add some to my quilt show wishlist, if necessary.

So, this weekend, I hope to finish Mary's quilt and have it ready to send to the quilter. But, I got new glasses, and although I'm seeing better with the bifocals, the top part seems to be pulling my one eye. So, I called the eye doctor, and have to go Saturday morning to have them checked. So, although I didn't want to leave the house on Saturday, I'm going to keep this appointment. Hope your weekend is a great one.

No comments: