Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Top o' the Mornin' to Ya

St. Patrick's Day Graphics
Happy St. Paddy's Day to all. I've finished the first two blocks of my new Prairie Sweets quilt. It's great fun to be piecing it by hand.

I know that the photo isn't the greatest quality, but it's too early in the morning to fuss with the camera. I'm using Pat Sloan's Nikki collection for this quilt, and I love the bright colors. It really makes me feel "springy".

How's the weather where you are? Here it's swinging from really nice to cool and gloomy. But today is supposed to be a real keeper. I bought some nice ham slices this past weekend (Rod loves ham), and I'm planning to grill them this evening, and I'm thinking that some potato salad would taste really good with them. Rod put up the baby gates on the deck this past weekend, so if it gets really nice, the kids and I can go out to sit on the deck for a while today. The fish in the pond made it through the winter, and are swimming but still pretty slowly. Guess the water must still be pretty cold. The pond looks really nasty right now since out cattails exploded over the weekend.

Welcome spring!! Please stick around.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Your quilt is looking good. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, too!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

I love that pattern, and the colors you chose are so yummy!! Isn't it a fun pattern? Hugs, Mary