Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Disney Quilt Blocks

I decided that this morning I would show you the Disney Blocks that are done. I took Mary's advice and used the invisible thread with a cream underthread in the bobbin. I really love the way they look.
This are the blocks using Wendy, Piglet and Pooh.

Three of my favorite princesses: Snow White, Mulan, and Pocahontas.

Here's Mickey, Minnie, and Eeyore.


Lilo is next. And Tink, with the glitter wings and shiny buttonhole stitch, and last Alice.



And here are Princess Cinderella, Princess Aurora, and loveable Dopey




And finally, Buzz, the Genie and Jiminy Cricket. Mary says the cast members at Disney will make a big fuss about this signature blocks.
I have so much fun doing these blocks. I start with a coloring book page, and then use a graphics program to crop and adjust the size of the photo. I really love choosing the fabrics to make each character come to life. When they are all fused onto my applique sheet, I use fabric markers to add the little lines and facial details before fusing onto the blocks. Finally I add the buttonhole stitching. I have 42 blocks planned, but will do some blank ones just in case we get to meet characters other than the ones I have made. So far the ones that I've done haven't been too difficult. I think that next I will do some of the more detailed ones -- Mushu, Captain Hook, and the Mad Hatter. Pinocchio and Gipetto don't look too easy either. Maybe this weekend I will get some more time to work on them. DD Mary has suggested that when I'm done, I do some blocks for Epcot, perhaps flags of the countries represented there. Geez, I really like that idea. It should certainly a quilt to remember Disney by.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda! The quilt is amazing. I know you are having tons of fun making it and will enjoy it for a very very long time.

Val said...

I absolutely love your quilt blocks! What a treasure you've put together!! Thanks for sharing, it is just amazing and going to be treasured I know.

Pat said...

This is such a TERRIFIC idea and your workmanship is wonderful.