Monday, June 15, 2009

The Week in Review

Remember last week I told you that I was in a deep funk and didn't know why. . . well, I think I figured it out. It's me and the way I look and feel. I'm so overweight, and have tried almost every diet and diet plan and have always failed. I saw a girl on Good Morning America last week who had lost weight counting steps. So, I got out the pedometer that I bought months ago and never opened, and started to use it. What a shock!!! The first day I walked less than 500 steps. I have been increasing each day, and on Saturday nearly made 1000. Not quite the 10,000 steps I'm shooting for, but it's a start. I hunted up my Simple Abundance book and started to reread it. It always gives me a boost, and I started making plans to move my sewing room back into the larger bedroom where I was before my mom moved in. I opened a new reed diffuser and placed it in the sewing room, and it's a new scent. I really like it, and so my life is starting to change. And hopefully all these new changes will result in a new, and happier me. I went to Bubby's ball game on Saturday, and as I watched all these brave kids with various disabilities doing what didn't come easy so that they could play ball, I had a wake-up call. Here are all these special kids doing what they had to round the bases, and I was sitting there in my ECV -- just because it is easier. And that's when I made the commitment to walk more. After Bubby's game Rod and I went shopping to a large aquarium store to buy some new pond fish, and I walked the store. I was sweating when we were done, but there was a sense of accomplishment.

Rod worked so hard this weekend on the yard. He dug out some old landscape timbers where we used to have a garden, and got them burnt. Then he cut down all the old weeds that had been there. He weeded the grape arbor, and then set to work on the front yard. We knew that there was a red miniature rose bush left in the front corner, but who knew that there was a yellow one left as well???? And the dianthus I had planted have tripled in size!!! Rod's glad to go back to work on Mondays to get a rest!!!

Yesterday would have been my dad's 82nd birthday. We brought Mom out for dinner, and all the kids were here except Kris, who was in bed with the flu. After dinner, Pat took the two girls out front to see the "new" flowers, and they surprised us with some beautiful nosegays of multi-colored sweet williams. They were in a "wildflower" assortment we had planted two years ago. I had no idea they would be so varied in color, and so we put them in the glass of roses that Rod had picked for me on Friday evening. It's just a glass from dried beef, but it looks so pretty on the table on the deck.

And how about those Pens!!! And now Pittsburgh is again the "City of Champions" !!! Super Bowl and Stanley Cup in the same year. Now it those Pirates could just get it together. Have a good week.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Glad you are on the road to feeling happier AND getting healthier, too!